Saturday 9 January 2010

Forester

I'm really excited with this one, my latest pattern has just gone live and is a hat that combines leafy forms and cables. I'm particularly pleased with the way the crown came out. I always love hats where the design follows right through to the last possible stitch, and the floral/star effect at the crown was an extra bonus.
snowforester
snowforestertop

I must also share with you this absolutely gorgeous version in red made by one of my test knitters, I love the contrast to the white version I worked mine up in.
Should you wish to try this pattern out for yourself, it can be downloaded from Ravelry for $4 and requires 3mm needles for the cuff and 3.5mm for the body. The hat is worked in dk or sport weight yarn.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Your hat is beautiful, I love it.

Pomona said...

Just discovered your blog and am very interested in your hats! I wrote about 19th century knitting in my thesis, and spent many a happy hour with RIchard Rutt's book, so it is lovely to see all these caps knitted up.

Pomona x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful lace hat...oh, I must put that on my list of winter projects.