Monday 3 November 2008

Balmoral Bonnet

The Living History Fair was excellent this past weekend, so lovely to see so many friends, and I was very pleased to sell a good number of hats.

Whilst I was away I worked up the pattern for my version of the traditional Balmoral bonnet. This is a Victorian version of the Scots Bonnet and its works up fast on 5mm dpns in aran weight wool. Would make an excellent midwinter present for the kilt wearer in your life! You knit itin the round a bit large then full it down to size, so its a very relaxing knit without too many gauge worries.
balmoral

Pattern is available through Ravelry downloads for just $3.00

1 comment:

Gone to Find Myself said...

I noticed you haven't posted in a long time.
I was wondering if you knit balmoral socks to match your bonnet?
I am a knitting and would love to knit the bonnet and matching socks.
Suzanne